Okay, I need a hat. I have trashed out, shrunk, or given-away all my handmade hats. I have one, and it’s cute, but not warm. I need warm. I already have Craft Leftovers Monthly Issues 3:6 and 4:1 planned out and in the works, I don’t need to make a pattern right now, I just want to knit one. I also want to learn how to do a hat on the diagonal. Want to knit a hat with me this week? Record time MAL. One week. One hat. One warm head. One pile of my Craft Leftovers used up.
Today, we pick a pattern. Tomorrow we pick a yarn and cast on and knit. Wednesday and Thursday we knit some more. Friday we have a hat + a pattern review + Craft Leftovers first finished Make-A-Long.
I’m going to knit an awesome hat with the following specs:
- Daily fair – can wear with anything
- Interesting but not complicated
- Fast – nothing lower than dk. Worsted preferred.
- No bulky yarn… because I say so.
- swirly. because that’s how I’m feeling
Here are three patterns I love and would love to knit, which one do you want to knit with me – or is there a more awesome pattern you love that I should love too?. Leave a comment saying which one or a link to a better one:
- by Woolly Wormhead
- Yarns suggested The Little Knitting Company Tebe 100% Extra Fine Merino
- : DK / 8 ply (11 wpi)
- US 6 – 4.0 mm
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- : 4 stitches and 6 rows = 1 inch
- : US 10½ – 6.5 mm
- : 90 – 100 yards (82 – 91 m)
- by Andrea Goutier
- Yarns suggested: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted
- : Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- : 20 stitches and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- : US 7 – 4.5 mm
- : 100 – 140 yards (91 – 128 m)
- : med-large
Okay, so if you are feeling cold and want a new swirly hat OR you could always be less selfish than me and make it as a gift for a family member or a friend who would love a handmade goodie. Leave a comment saying which hat you want to make. The hat that gets the most votes is the one I’ll make too! I know. Just two weeks before Christmas. But commmmmonnnnnne, we all need to knit a little something something for ourselves (or as a gift). It’s for a good cause. Keeping my head warm. And your’s too.