Ep 15: How and Why I use Profit First in my Creative Businesses
The number one book I recommend to creatives entrepreneurs is Profit First by Mike Michalowicz. Today I’m going to share the story of how reading this book transformed how I run my businesses’ finances and allowed me to pay myself a wage + make a profit for the business. Little Woods Herbal has been using this method since 2018, and I’m implementing it this year for my art business and I’ll show you how even the most micro biz can benefit from using this simple method of financial planning.
Also note, I’m switching to the1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month and a new time! 1:30-2:00pm Central Stop by and ask me just about anything related to art, craft, and entrepreneurship.
Enjoy in video or audio form:
- Profit First Book by Mike Michalowicz (affiliate link)
- Tea Feature:
- Buy me a cuppa tea: https://ko-fi.com/kristinmroach
- Podcast Archive at: http://www.craftleftovers.com/podcast
- Follow me on Instagram to check out the crafty projects I’m crafting.
- Mend it Better (signed copy / digital edition)
- See the whole Craft Leftovers Podcast Series
- Intro/Outro music credit: Coma-Media
Sign up for the Craft Leftovers enews list to see what’s been recovered in the archive each month + new patterns and podcast transcripts sent right to your inbox.
And of course, if you make something inspired by a pattern or episode of the podcast, just tag it (#craftleftovers). I love seeing what you’ve made with your unique resources!
Until Next Time!
Kristin M Roach