Ep 8: Crafting a Community Online with Sherri Lynn Wood
Enjoy Episode 8 of the Craft Leftovers Podcast! Sherri Lynn Wood talk online community building during the pandemic and quilting and how craft brings people together to heal fabric, themselves, and each other. Contributor to Mend it Better, Sherri Lynn Wood has been BUSY in the last decade. Visiting her portfolio, I knew we would just be scratching the surface of her passionate, creative life. Grab a cup of tea and your mending basket and settle in.
You have to make space for doing nothing.Sherri Lynn Wood
- Tea feature: Mint Tonic + Top o’ the Morning
- Sign up for the Craft Leftovers mailing list to get a monthly update of new content and re-releases. You can also follow me on Instagram to check out the crafty projects I’m crafting.
- Mend it Better (signed copy / digital edition)
- Mending on the Go Zine
- See the whole Craft Leftovers Podcast Series
- Intro/Outro music credit: Coma-Media
Sherri Lynn Wood
Project and things we mention during the interview you should definitely check out.
July 24 | 9am – 10am | Making the Perfect Iced Tea by the Cup & Gallon at Cook’s Emporium
7/30/22 | 10am – 4pm | Summer Sidewalk Sale in Downtown Ames — Open studio and pattern/yarn sale!
9/17/22 | 10am – 1pm | Mending Workshop & Demo at the Ames Public Library (more info coming soon)
Sign up for the Craft Leftovers eNews to see what’s been recovered in the archive each month + new patterns and podcast transcripts sent right to your inbox.
And of course, if you make something inspired by a pattern or episode of the podcast, just tag it (#craftleftovers). I love seeing what you’ve made with your unique resources!
Until Next Time!
Kristin M Roach