Lamp Remake :: Part IV :: Finished!
I started at the seam, then rolled and marked:
Then using a sewing marker I traced along the bottom of the shade as I roll it. Then I repeated for the top.
I cut out the traced shape. Then glued it around the old lamp shade.
When I got to the end I folded over and glued down the edge to get a finished seam.
Clothes pins do the trick to hold it while drying.
I also went around with more glue and touch up any spots I missed along the edges. Once dry, I trimmed all the excess fabric with a rotary cutter. Then I used a little bias tape to cover up the rough edges.
It’s only temporarily on my desk. It’s going to go in Jason’s work area, he needs a lamp right now as there is no light in he’s part of the living room. He said it looked so nice and I worked so much on it that he thought it was staying in my craft cave! Haha. Nope, I’m being nice, and I’m letting it stay in his domain, hehe.