After a year of work I’m taking the Junk Mail Migration Paintings & Tapestry on the road! How did I create a traveling exhibit? And what are the essentials to coordinating with multiple partnering institutions? As a curator at an art center, I received and installed hundreds of works of art. Leaning into that experience I was able to secure a fully booked schedule for the upcoming year. Today I’m going to share what I did (and what my partnering institutions are doing) to make it go as smooth as possible.
Enjoy Episode 12 of the Craft Leftovers Podcast in video, audio, or text form.
Pull up a project and craft along.
- Learn more about the traveling exhibit I created and where it’s currently on display
- Follow me on Instagram to check out the crafty projects I’m crafting.
- Mend it Better (signed copy / digital edition)
- See the whole Craft Leftovers Podcast Series
- Intro/Outro music credit: Coma-Media
Sign up for the Craft Leftovers enews list to see what’s been recovered in the archive each month + new patterns and podcast transcripts sent right to your inbox.
And of course, if you make something inspired by a pattern or episode of the podcast, just tag it (#craftleftovers). I love seeing what you’ve made with your unique resources!
Until Next Time!
Kristin M Roach