Ep 3: Decluttering to Unlock Creative Flow
Note: These show notes contain affiliate links
Enjoy Episode 3 of the Craft Leftovers Podcast (a recording of the March livestream) in audio form or pull up a project and craft along. I’m working on mending my favorite spring jacket. Thanks for the company!
No matter your Cleaning or Cluttering Style, the thing that matters most is if it’s supporting you or holding you back. In this episode I talk about my decluttering journey while minding my favorite spring jacket and share the two methods of declutter that have helped me the most over the last decade.
- Download a PDF of the full Transcript
- Tea feature: Mint Tonic + Breakfast Assam
- Sign up for the Craft Leftovers mailing list to get a monthly update of new content and re-releases. You can also follow me on Instagram to check out the crafty projects I’m crafting.
- Mend it Better (signed copy / digital edition)
- Mending on the Go Zine
- See the whole Craft Leftovers Podcast Series
- Declutter at the Speed of Life
- Managing Your Home Without Losing Your Mind
- Dana White: A Slob Comes Clean
On reflection. I think the dishes chapter is in Managing Your Home without Losing Your Mind – I may have listened to these books both several times and it’s been a bit confused which chapter is where. The downside of audio books. I can’t just flip through and look it up. I would recommend Decluttering at the Speed of Life if you need help with having too much in your container. Managing your Home without losing your mind covers exciting struggles like Dishes and Laundry :) They both are great and have overlapping ideas.
- Ramona Muse – I’m a Lil’ Crabby Mug
- Rachel Buse who invited me to the Creative Capital professional development weekend. And the Iowa Arts Council that hosted said weekend.
- Intro music credit: Coma-Media
- Thursday, March 17th from 4 – 7pm: Spring Open Studio
- Thursday, March 24th: Interview with Crispina Ffrench Release (find her on Youtube or her website)
- Wednesday, April 13th Livestream: Getting older and in theory wiser as a creative professional — What my business/life looks like at 29 vs 39. Why this topic? Because it’s the week of my birthday! I’m older and wiser now right? Right?! Sometimes.
Sign up for the Craft Leftovers club to see what’s been recovered in the archive each month + new patterns and podcast transcripts sent right to your inbox.
And of course, if you make something inspired by a pattern or episode of the podcast, just tag it (#craftleftovers). I love seeing what you’ve made with your unique resources!
Until Next Time!
Kristin M Roach