Ep 4: Textile Upcycling in Creative Businesses for Environmental Healing with Crispina Ffrench
Note: These show notes contain affiliate links
Join Crispina and I as we explore a lifetime using sustainable practices to inspire and inform our work. Some highlights of our talk are: the state and hopeful decline of fast fashion, balancing sustainability with desire for staying current, upcycling vs recycling and more! Full stories and insight, Crispina has some exciting news for all of us. Her newest project, the launch of the Rags to Riches Summit! Learn how this new HUGE project has come about and sign up. Tickets are on sale starting this week here.
- Rags to Riches Summit information and sign up
- Unraveled by Maxine Bedat
- Visit Crispina Ffrench online (Website | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest)
- Crispina Ffrench’s Book The Sweater Chop Shop
- Tea feature: Not tea! Coffee. Morning Bell Coffee Roaster – my neighbors in downtown Ames and one of my favorite coffee roasters in the United States (I was a barista for nearly a decade and have coffee from San Francisco to France, so I don’t make that claim lightly).
- Sign up for the Craft Leftovers mailing list to get a monthly update of new content and re-releases. You can also follow me on Instagram to check out the crafty projects I’m crafting.
- Mend it Better (signed copy / digital edition)
- Mending on the Go Zine
- See the whole Craft Leftovers Podcast Series
- Intro music credit: Coma-Media
- Wednesday, April 13th, 2-3pm CT Livestream: Getting older and in theory wiser as a creative professional — What my business/life looks like at 29 vs 39. Why this topic? Because it’s the week of my birthday! I’m older and wiser now right? Right?! Sometimes. Have questions? Send them to me or tune in and ask live.
Sign up for the Craft Leftovers club to see what’s been recovered in the archive each month + new patterns and podcast transcripts sent right to your inbox.
And of course, if you make something inspired by a pattern or episode of the podcast, just tag it (#craftleftovers). I love seeing what you’ve made with your unique resources!
Until Next Time!
Kristin M Roach
One thought on “Ep 4: Textile Upcycling in Creative Businesses for Environmental Healing with Crispina Ffrench”