Making an Year Plan that Works for YOU: Ep 1
Note: These show notes contain affiliate links
For me the holidays is a really intense time and I don’t really have time to create an annual plan for the following year until the year is already over. Do not feel bad if it’s February (or July!) and you are just now considering planning for the year. You are not alone.
The debut episode of the Craft Leftovers Podcast is an unabridged recording of the Craft Leftovers Livestream introducing what’s on the horizon for Craft Leftovers and walking you through my method for annual planning and then implementing that plan ANYTIME of year. The featured project was mending a side seam of my favorite retro vintage dress that I had to emergency mend on site while hosting a Zinefest! AH. Fishhooks, duct tape, and safety pins kept me modest that day.
- Special Guest: Gregory “aka craft cat 2.0”
- Tea feature: Spring Equinox Green Tea (debuting March 1 or the March Tea Passport Box)
- Sign up for the Craft Leftovers mailing list to get a monthly update of new content and re-releases. You can also follow me on Instagram to check out the crafty projects I’m crafting.
My Book’s Anniversary
- Mend it Better (signed copy / digital edition)
- Storey Publishing
- Mending Circle at Dog Eared Books Friday, February 18th, 2022, 4-6pm
- Local Library Book Offer – email me your local library contact info and I’ll donate a copy of my book.
- Region Book Signing/Mending Workshop events — within an 8 hour drive of Ames, IA — reach out if you’d like me to come visit your local yarn shop/library/university/art center/etc. I just ask travel expenses are paid for.
- Thrift store name, I think, Community Thrift, where my sweet retro dress was procured.
- Bohin #10 Sharps are my fav hand stitching needles
- Cassie Scroggins Calendar Template
- Accidental Creative by Todd Henry (Book: Die Empty)
- Lisa Congdon’s CreativeLive Class: Workflow, Time Management, and Productivity for Creatives (Special offer on CreativeLive: 20% Off Any Creator Pass! Use code JD92 at checkout)
- My Weekly Sketchbook Spread:
Patterns and Misc
- Sign up for the Craft Leftovers club to see what’s been recovered in the archive each month + new patterns and podcast transcripts sent right to your inbox.
- Mitten Pattern I’m working on. The Yarn is super soft lime green chunky alpaca from Catalina Yarns (now defunct).
- P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization) is one of the oldest women’s organizations in North America.
And of course, if you make something inspired by a pattern or episode of the podcast, just tag it (#craftleftovers). I love seeing what you’ve made with your unique resources!