April Stash Bust!
It’s a little mind boggling to think that we (creative types) purchase $4.2 billion per year on art supplies (link to pdf) and, unfortunately, a lot of those supplies are pretty toxic too. I was absolutely delighted when Heather of Dollar Store Crafts invited me to help celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day in a grand fashion true to my Craft Leftovers heart. Instead of buying new, we are pledging to make April a Craft Destash Month! We can make a big impact if we work together–to help the earth, help our home storage situation, and help our wallets.
For the entire month of the April, we are pledging not to buy any new craft materials, tools or supplies for the April Stash Bust!
I don’t know about you, but I have so many projects that are just waiting to be made, yet I still keep buying new supplies. So we are also pledging to make at least project that is 100% things we already have on hand. We want as many people as possible to join our mission to destash, to create wonderful projects from what’s on hand. Not sure where to start? No worries! For motivation and to show how you can use and repurpose what you already have on had, we’ll have a great series of April Stash Bust tutorials, projects, and ideas from:
And to encourage you to do the same we will be hosting an April Stash Bust contest!
Heather has the official details on the contest: “To enter, take the Stash Bust pledge to not buy any new materials, tools or supplies for the month of April. Place the awesome April Stash Bust badge (created by Liz at cosa verde) on your website or blog (found below). Create a project from your stash using only what you have on hand. Submit your finished project detailing the stash materials you used with a link to your finished project by Earth Day, April 22nd. A team of crack judges from x, x and x (to be revealed) will review the projects and choose a winner.”
So what could you win?!
A lucky creative type will receive:
- “Alabama Stitch Book” by Natalie Chanin from Swap-bot.com
- A one year showcase on cosa verde for your repurposed & eco-friendly crafts
- A one year membership from Hello Craft
- A cup glove kit from Glue and Glitter
- A mini box set of volume 2 of Craft Leftovers zine (issues 1-4) from Craft Leftovers
- A Modeling Chocolate kit from Dollarstorecrafts.com
Check out these Other April Stash Bust Events:
- Super Secret Stashbusting Challenge: 10 lucky crafters will be chosen to craft with a super secret envelope of goodies from dollarstorecrafts.com [click here to apply by April 5th]
- April Stash Bust craft supply swap at Swap-bot
Participating? Here are an array of buttons for you to choose from, there are even more on the Stash Bust Homepage:
|Copy & paste the code below to put this button on your blog.|
|A Medium Box (300×250):|
|Post header (Image is shown small here, but links to a larger image–800 x 192):|