Bread Baking Goodness
Monday’s weekly round up! A great way to get the creative juices flowing and beat the Monday blues!
I am definitely in a bread mood lately! Maybe it’s because I’ve been limiting my calorie consumption starting last Monday. Nothing nuts, just getting my eating back under control. That first day I tracked my regular eating habits, I was at like 3000 calories! Holy moly. The only bread I should really be making is that Polymer clay toast I showed you on Thursday!
1. Rugbrauo Icelandic Thunder Bread on Midwest Exposure – my friend brought this to dinner the weekend before last and it was gone as soon as it was set. It’s made from whole grains, but because of the steaming it’s super moist and, dare I say it, fluffy!
2. Orange Pistachio Biscotti with a Smidge of Chocolate on Midwest Exposure – after falling in love with her Rugbrauo Icelandic Thunder Bread, read back through the posts I had missed and found this gem! I can’t wait to try them.
3. Emily Dickinson’s love of Baking on the Emily Dickinson Museum Website – on a side note, did you know that Emily Dickinson loved baking and was amazing at it?
4. How Baking Became Making on House on Hill Road – baking as a creative process
5. Homestyle Bread here on Craft Leftovers – one of my favorite breads to bake.
6. Dinner Sandwiches on Rosy Little Things – delicious looking bread, delicious looking sandwich!
7. My other favorite White Bread here on Craft Leftovers – it’s a traditional recipe – seriously just flour, yeast, salt, and water.
8. Bread Flower on Rosy Little Things, I love no knead breads and I think this one will be great to add to my recipe collection.
Now go out there and bake some bread!